There are many advantages to using Cognitive & Cause Mapping, including:
- Structures thinking through capturing chains of argumentation
- Presents information in a graphical rather than a linear format which allows it to be shared more easily
- Allows a more objective stance to be taken by having people focus on creating and structuring information
- Enables complex information such as wisdom, knowledge and experience to be captured
- Helps manage complexity by allowing the information that has been captured to be analysed and structured into a clear strategy model.